The cake is a quick and easy dish to prepare. It’s come in many forms but today we suggest you to go for a fruity flavor. All your guests amazed. Make it a treat by adding a touch of orange.
Either as dessert or to accompany a cup of tea or coffee, the orange cake is a perfect complement to any meal with friends or family. A dish of easy making that does not make anybody indifferent. The orange cake can be a perfect dessert for any celebration, being able to add meringue or pieces of orange on top.
As well as separating it into two parts and filling of jam or orange Marmalade will give you a greater taste. You have many options to go with. But as you will enjoy it more and more notice its burst of flavor is only. Of course, being a dessert, try not to abuse too. Although, you’ll see as you can stay without repeating a portion.
For the cake
- 125gr butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ½ cups self-rising flour (yeast).
For the syrup
- 1 ½ cup of sugar glass
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Finely grated orange.
- Spread butter or oil pan that you will use to make the cake and put to heat the oven to 180º.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a saucepan over the bain-marie.
- Pour the milk into a bowl and add the butter, sugar and orange juice.
- Beat eggs and add to the previously prepared mixture until a smooth dough.
- Add yeast.
- Pour the resulting dough in the mold and bake for 30-40 minutes at 180º.
- Meanwhile, prepare the syrup by adding the juice of orange zest and sugar.