The real breakfast of champions is this super healthy and delicious omelet served with avocado and roosters’ beak salsa….
What do you need?
For 2 servings:
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ripe hass avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons salsa sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put 1½ tablespoons olive oil in a pan and heat to medium.
- Wash and thinly slice the pepper and onion. Chop the tomatoes and cilantro.
- In a medium bowl breaks the 5 eggs. Add salt and pepper and stir well. Separates.
- Heat the slices of pepper and onion until slightly soft. Incorporates the grape tomatoes and heated for a few more minutes.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Pour the egg mixture. While waiting to curdle, begins to slice the avocado.
- Let the eggs are heated, without stirring, until the bottom begins to set. Carefully push the edge of the omelet towards the center of the pan while you turn the pan leaving a little liquid egg moves underneath. Repeat until the egg is no longer liquid.
- Shape layers with your ingredients in the middle of the omelet, starting with the vegetables, then half the avocado, feta cheese and cilantro. Using a spatula, cover everything with the other half of the omelet.
- Serve with remaining avocado and salsa sauce.