What better way to start the holiday season having breakfast with this red velvet pancakes?
What do you need?
To make 16 delicious pancakes:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted.
For the cream cheese frosting
- 180gm cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Separates.
- Combine milk and vinegar and let it sit for 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl and add the sugar, eggs, coloring, vanilla and melted butter. Beat until everything is well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture to the bowl with sugar and butter and stir well.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Heat until bubbles appears on top and flips. Heat on the other side until it is well cooked. Repeat with all the mixture.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese first and butter on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and beat for 1 minute.
- Serve hot pancakes with cream cheese frosting.