A simple dessert to surprise the little ones at home….
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- Servings: 12
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Season: All year round
- Caloric level: High
- Place of preparation: Baked
- Country: France
- Sift the sugar along with the cornstarch. Reserve.
- In large bowl beat the egg whites at room temperature, add the cream of tartar.
- Stir in sugar while beating. Beat until the consistency of meringue.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and incorporate the sifted sugar together with the cornstarch. Beat until meringue is obtained.
- Helped with a sleeve to form the meringues on a metal source.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 100 to 120 degrees. The meringues should be dry and crispy.
- Let cool before eating.
- You can add a splash of vanilla extract to give more flavor.