- 12 white asparagus;
- 120g butter;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 tablespoons thick cream;
- 1 tablespoon water;
- Peel the asparagus and remove the ends using a sharp knife. Dip them in boiling salted water and let them cook for about 15 minutes, until they are tender.
- Prepare the mousseline sauce: Separate the white eggs from the yolks. Put egg yolks in a heavy saucepan with the half lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, salt and pepper.
- Put to cook on very low heat stirring constantly with a whisk. When the mixture begins to thicken, turn off the heat and continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Add butter gradually without stopping to mix and remaining lemon juice. Incorporate the cream while stirring constantly. The sauce should be kept warm.
- Drain asparagus and place them on a clean cloth to remove much cooking water. Arrange them in a serving dish and drizzle with mousseline sauce. Decorate with a parsley leaf.