This grapefruit dessert is great for those times you have fresh fruit at home (grapefruit) and you get to visit family or friends and you get to prepare a full meal. The grapefruit gratin can serve the afternoon tea or for lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 grapefruit per person
- 1 cinnamon stick per person
- 2 tablespoons honey to taste
- Essence of Lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped cream.
- Make sure the oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
- In a bowl mix the honey with lime essence.
- In another bowl, together cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
- Place halves grapefruit on a tray.
- Each half add honey mixture with lime.
- Add the mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place in the oven to broil for 5 minutes, do this before serving the dessert.
- Serve each half on a plate.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon stick.