Delicious and ideal traditional dish for Lent. You will love your whole family for the bittersweet touch that gives tamarind shrimp.
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 15 large shrimp, headless but with shell and tail
- ½ cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water.
- Clean the tamarind pulp quickly rinsing with water.
- In a bowl marina shrimp with tamarind pulp and sugar, cover well and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. When the oil is warm add the shrimp with tamarind pulp.
- Adds the soy sauce and water immediately.
- Average temperature to fry the shrimp until the meat is opaque. When the shrimp are ready increases at high temperature and fry another 2 minutes until the skin is charred a bit and the sauce has caramelized.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.