Waiting for the summer so delicious and super healthy with this nutritious fruit salad with mixed lettuce and walnuts…
What do you need?
For 4-6 servings:
- 1 cup walnuts, halved
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 360 grams romaine lettuce
- 240 grams strawberries, halved
- 120 grams blueberries
- 60 grams goat’s cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 450 grams mandarin oranges, sectioned
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt grain
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds.
- In a small skillet at medium heat fry the nuts with sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Separate and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, blackberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, cheese and onion. Add chicken cubes and stir slightly.
- Combine dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Serve the salad with caramelized walnuts and dressing.