An excellent and refreshing choice for these hot days is rich scallops prepared with this delicious herb sauce.
Ingredients (for 2-3 servings):
For the scallops
- 500 grams scallops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped (1 medium shallot)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 lemon slices, to serve.
- If you feel that the callus is a little damp dry with paper towels.
- Heat a nonstick skillet 30 cm. to medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add oil and butter and heat until very hot.
- Accommodates calluses on pan in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and let it sealed until the underside is golden and crisp, 2-4 minutes. With a pair of tongs flips corns and sealed on the other side until golden brown and calluses remain almost firm to the touch, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, transfer to a tripe dish and keep warm. Let the pan cool for a minute before preparing the sauce.
- Reheat the skillet over medium heat. Add 1 piece butter (½ teaspoon) and shallots and it fries slightly until the shallots begin to be smoothed, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and boil slowly until it has reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Incorporates herbs and lemon zest. Reduce heat to low, add the remaining butter and mix constantly until the butter melts into the sauce.
- Returns calluses and their juices to the pan. Carefully roll the calluses on the sauce to warm. Adjust the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Tips. Make sure you have all the ingredients prepared sauce (shallots and herbs, chopped) before starting to heat the scallops.