Now that the season has started classes, evenings are a little busy. The activities that the children do are many: from the practice of sports, to homework and bedtime, so it is very important to organize. Dinner must be quick, easy and full of flavor. So today I bring you a delicious and easy chicken idea. This time, I joined an unexpected ingredient sauce: melon. With the sweetness of the melon and spicy serrano peppers, this meal will delight your entire family. For a less spicy version, uses serrano peppers instead of hot peppers. You all love it!
- 1/4 cup of orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups melon, cut into small pieces
- 2 large serrano chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, garlic and cumin. Mix well. Place the chicken breasts and mix of citrus in a bag that can be sealed. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For the sauce, in a large bowl, combine melon, serrano peppers and onions. Salt and pepper to taste. Reserve it.
- Spray a grill with nonstick spray. Heat grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the plastic bag and discard the marinade. Cook the chicken breasts on the grill for 7-10 minutes on each side until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with melon sauce. Enjoy.