A delicious dish from the north of Peru.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Total Time: 70 min
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Season: All year round
- Caloric level: Medium
- 1 clean and chopped duck
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons ground garlic
- 2 chili peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mirasol chile peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large onions cut into feather
- Cumin to taste
- 1 kilo cooked cassava
- Capsicum pubescens (optional)
- Lettuce leaves.
- In a large bowl place the chopped duck.
- Mix chopped peppers (mirasol and chili), ground garlic, orange juice, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir and add to the duck.
- Macerate the duck with seasoning for at least 2 hours. (Ideal is to macerate from the day before).
- In an oil pan heat oil.
- Once hot brown the duck on both sides.
- Once the duck golden add the onions and the juice of the maceration.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve next to the capsicum pubescens and garnish with a lettuce leaves.
- You can also accompany with white rice.
- Preferably use sour orange.