A light citrus flavor and all the benefits of vitamin C are the perfect companion for pasta with lemon shrimp.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- Zest and 2 lemons juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 21 to 25 peeled shrimp, cut butterfly (save the shells)
- ¼ onion
- 340 grams pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped.
- In a bowl combine the garlic, zest and 1 lemon juice, olive oil, dried pepper, salt and pepper, and shrimp. Let stand.
- In a small saucepan to medium heat warms the shrimp shells and onion. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain into a bowl and discard the shells and onion.
- Boil a large pot of water at high temperature and add a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta and heat until smooth, 2 minutes less than the package says. Drain and spread ½ cup of water.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, separates marinade and add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook until it becomes pink and begin to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and place them on a plate. Pour the marinade into the pan and heat for a few minutes before adding 1 cup of broth from prepared shrimp and ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Continue cooking until the sauce has reduced by half. Add zest and remaining lemon juice, butter and parsley and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in shrimp and pasta and stir to combine with sauce.
- Serve immediately.