Are you on a diet? Do not worry! You can still enjoy a rich dessert like the light version of this cherry cheesecake…
What do you need?
- 8 graham cookies of 5 x 12 cm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups of cottage cheese, lowfat
- 226 grams of low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt grain
- 2 bags (340 grams each) frozen cherries.
- Preheat oven to 162° C, accommodating a grid at the bottom of it. Grease the sides and bottom of a pan with removable base of 22 cm. Separates.
- In a food processor pressed graham crackers until very fine crumbles form. Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and pressed until crumbles remain wet. Press the crumbles firmly in bottom of pan with removable base. Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- While baking, combine the cream cheese and cottage cheese with an electric mixer. Beat until mixture is smooth and glossy, about 4 or 5 minutes. Includes ¾ cup sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour and salt. Mix until everything is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the base and baked. Bake for 1 hour or until cake has curdled in the center. Turn off the oven and let the cake cool (without removing it from the oven) for 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- While the cake is baking combines cherries frozen with 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium saucepan. Boil until the liquid is thick and syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes. Let the mixture cool and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve removes the removable base of the mold, and transfer to a platter and served covered with cherry mixture.
Tip. You can prepare this cake complete with sauce until 2 days before serving. Just remember to refrigerate the cake sauce separately.