The white sauce is one of the most traditional sauces, to almost everyone loves and is perfect to accompany your dishes.
May accompany the preparation of filler used in the pasta or grill recipe. The white sauce, also known as bechamel sauce, can be used for many dishes.
We propose a light, homemade version of this recipe so that you can accompany your dishes on holiday season.
- A cup of skimmed milk
- One tablespoon cornstarch
- One tablespoon oil
- Put to heat the milk. When it is hot but not come to a simmer, add the oil and a tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Bring to the boil and allow to thicken slightly.
- When you have the consistency that you want, turn off the fire. (Keep in mind that as it cools it will get thicker).
- Seasoned sauce are salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
This recipe can perfectly accompany a light cheese souffle or a chard gratin. It is advisable to serve in different bowl in case someone who does not like any of the ingredients with which you prepare the sauce.