A refreshing and healthy low-calorie dish but with the great taste of a combination of fruit with delicious vinaigrette.
For the vinaigrette
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce.
For the salad
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups lettuce
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 4 clementines or 1 tangerine
- Avocado, optional.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Save ½ cup in the refrigerator.
- Pour the remaining vinaigrette on a shallow bowl with chicken and garlic. Let the chicken marinate for at least 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove chicken from bowl and discard the marinade. Grill chicken until it is well cooked.
- Filet lettuce and fruit. When chicken is done let cool slightly before slicing and arrange over salad.
- Extracts the vinaigrette from the refrigerator and serve over the salad.