It brings to your table the traditional English dish of fried fish with french fries and enjoys a very international lenten menu.
What do you need? (For 4 servings):
- 750 grams of fresh cod fillet
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1¼ to 1½ cups lemon flavored mineral water (unsweetened)
- 2 potatoes, cut into strips
- Canola oil for frying.
- Cut the fish into strips. Top with ½ cup flour, stirring to remove excess and separates.
- In a medium bowl combine remaining flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and vinegar. Stir in honey. Stir well and, while mixing, add the mineral water. Separates.
- Wrap the potato strips of paper napkins until excess liquid is removed.
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Fill a frying pan until ¾ with canola oil. Heat the oil until it reaches 160° C (use a food thermometer to measure the temperature).
- Dip the fish in flour mixture and baking, making sure it is well covered. Then use tweezers to carefully put the fish in the pan. Heated side until fluffy, flips and let to swell the other side (of total 4-5 minutes).
- Put each piece of fish in a pan for baking and put it in the oven as it come out of the frying pan.
- Once you’ve finished with the fish make sure that the oil from the frying pan has come once again to 160ºC and add the potatoes. Heat to taste.