This sauce is perfect to combine with a rich pasta, making a version with less calories but great taste.
Ingredients (5 cups)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup low fat milk.
- Saute minced garlic in butter in a large frying pan at low temperature. Heat several minutes or until garlic is tender and fragrant but not browned. Remove from heat and spread.
- Allow the water or broth to boil in large pot. Add cauliflower and heat, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. No drains.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 1 cup broth, garlic, butter, salt, pepper and milk. Blend for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more milk to achieve the desired thickness.
- Serve hot.