The freshness and flavor of coconut shrimp soup will make this a favorite for the hot season.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 carrots, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1½ cups coconut milk (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup angel hair pasta
- 2 cups peeled shrimp and without tail
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Rock salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic. Cooking without stirring for a minute and add the carrots, coconut milk and three cups water.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and two tablespoons of water until the mixture thickens. Add it to the mixture of coconut milk and let it boil.
- Break pasta in half and add it to the skillet. Bring to boil again and reduce the heat. Cook until pasta is al dente and carrots are tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for another minute. Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and season with rock salt. Serve and garnish with scallions.