A rich and healthy snack for kids in this Christmas. They’ll love these apple rings!
For the dough
- 4 large apples
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar (buttermilk)
- ½ cup canola oil for frying.
For the cinnamon sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and ground cinnamon. Separate.
- In a small bowl combine egg and buttermilk. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and spread.
- Slice the apples into thin slices. Use cookie cutters to cut the slices into rings. Discard the center of each circle.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to medium heat or 176°C. Combine liquid and dry ingredients while the oil is heated.
- Dip apple rings into the dough, removing excess mass. Heat the rings, turning frequently to ensure that they are golden.
- Transfer the apples to a plate covered with a paper towel. Quickly passes the rings by the mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Flips to be covered on both sides.