This light version of a delicious dessert has only 160 calories per serving so it’s perfect to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle 2 molds for regular bread size with cooking spray and spread.
- In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork and spread.
- In a large bowl beat butter, applesauce, vanilla, brown sugar and artificial sweetener. Add the egg whites and mashed bananas and beat with a mixer at medium speed of 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Incorporates chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pans, which will be half full. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a fork or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.