The salad whose main ingredient is some fruit are undoubtedly the lightest and appetizing of any summer menu that boasts.
Today we present a very fresh and light watermelon salad, low in calories, and easy to prepare that is sure to bring a touch of “chich” to any menu. Ideal on warm summer nights, this salad will add nutrients while leaving a delicate bittersweet taste on the palate. Even better, have an exotic salad in less than the blink of an eye.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 6 people:
• 1 watermelon
• 1 sweet onion
• 1/4 cup wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
• 2 teaspoons of finely sliced fresh mint
• 100 grams of feta cheese, in strips or cubes
• A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
Method of preparation:
- Cut the watermelon into two halves, and empty it by cutting the inside in cubes after removing the seeds.
- Peel the onion and cut into very thin slices.
- Mix the wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a pinch of salt in a small bowl until the salt has dissolved.
- Go pouring a bit of olive oil little by little while stirring.
- Add diced mint.
- Adds large watermelon, onion and cheese.
- Pour the mixture of vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl over salad and combine it all.
- Add a little mint if desired.
For a more exotic and tropical, serve the salad on the inside of one or both halves of the watermelon.