In recent years, the number of people who have chosen to follow a vegetarian living has increased considerably and thus, the variety of recipes that can be developed without having to add any kind of meat or fish.
The tofu burger is the perfect dish for those vegetarians who want to eat a tasty burger avoiding the use of meat. Lovers of beef burgers should also try once this recipe if you want some variety from time to time.
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 350g of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein in grains
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons very small minced garlic or powder
- 3 teaspoons of water (approximately 50ml)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (about 30g)
- 1/4 cup (about 30g) pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper.
- Place the parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme in a mortar and crush them into powder.
- Place tofu in a bowl and mix well with spices until a paste. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes so that the tofu absorbs part of the flavor of the spices.
- Mix textured vegetable protein grains and vegetable broth in a bowl that can be used in microwave and after covering it with transparent kitchen paper, put it in the microwave for 5 or 6 minutes. If you want to do this otherwise, you can boil vegetable broth, add protein and cover the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once the proteins and broth mixture has cooled a bit, pour over tofu and add garlic, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands and spread them in the form of hamburger. With the amounts of this recipe, about six hamburgers have to go out.
- Then hold the burgers in the refrigerator until ready to fry or bake for 15 minutes (you get better results when using the oven which must be preheated to 180 degree, covering the burgers with a little aluminum foil for cooking).