The asparagus risotto is a classic recipe ideal for vegetarians, for those who love vegetables or for those wishing to eat healthy and keep the kilos under control.
Risotto is one of the most traditional dishes of Italian cuisine. There are different combinations of risottos that are the basis of many delicious and very healthy recipes. The recipe comes to us today risotto with asparagus is a cheap dish, tasty, very easy and very light which is prepared in less than the blink of an eye.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 grams asparagus
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup round rice
- 1/2 cup white wine (if you do not like the taste of wine, you can substitute 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/4 cup water)
- 3/2 cups vegetable broth. You can use some of the excess water after cooking the asparagus or gluten free broth if you have gluten allergy
- 1/2 cup cheese, preferably Parmesan
- Salt and ground black pepper.
- Extract tough end of the asparagus and cut the asparagus into two or three pieces or a few more pieces if they are too large.
- Filled with ¼ of a saucepan with water and take it to the boiling point. Add the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus with a spoon and place in a bowl or pan with cold water, thus the studs acquire a green color and stop cooking. Then the studs are removed and put aside.
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter in a hot pan to low or moderate.
- Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until transparent.
- Add the rice and cook for two minutes. Then add the wine to the rice, and stir everything smoothly so that the rice absorbs some of the wine.
- At the same time, add the vegetable broth in another saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Then add 1/2 cup vegetable broth to the rice and continue to stir occasionally until the rice has absorbed the broth almost entirely. Add another 1/2 cup broth to prevent the rice from sticking and some parmesan cheese. Continue adding a little broth, stirring occasionally until rice is done.
- Once the rice is cooked, add a little more cheese, a teaspoon of butter and asparagus.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve while the rice is hot.
How to get the final touch? Add a pinch of chopped scallions, a pinch of lemon rind, mint chips, fresh thyme or parsley.