Exquisite pasta stuffed with cheese accompanied by the delicious flavor of mushrooms and the cool touch of spices.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 500 grams tortellini with cheese
- 500 grams portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil.
- Heat the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic and heat for 1 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper. Heat 4 to 5 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Drain the tortellini, and add to the pan. Stir in cheese and basil.
- Serve immediately.