Eggs are a natural source of protein, so it is recommended to eat a few times a week. Being so versatile, you can cook almost any dish. For example, making omelet with vegetables.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced courgettes (also known as zucchini)
- 2/3 cup whole corn (does not matter whether canned or fresh)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons smoked gouda cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced green onion
- Little salt.
- First of all put to heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add corn, zucchini and a pinch of salt.
- Saute until vegetables are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside (4 minutes) and remove from heat.
- In a bowl mix 1/8 teaspoon salt, water, pepper, egg whites and whole egg.
- Add them to a pan with hot oil and cook until they begin to gel (2 minutes approx.)
- With carefully, lift the sides of the omelet. Let the egg mixture reaches to the pan.
- Add vegetable mixture over half of the omelet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover carefully at the edge of the omelet which has the vegetables with the other half which have nothing.
- Cooks the entire mixture until melted cheese.
Now you just have to remove it from the heat and serve on a plate.
You’ll have magnificent vegetable omelet, rich in protein and with only 281 calories, which can be served for lunch and dinner.