Light flavorful recipe ideal for lunch or dinner that combines exquisite oriental scents a very low calorie dish.
- 2 ½ tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 340 grams of lean beef sirloin, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 170 grams of white button-type mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup beef broth, divided
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup ginger root, fresh, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic and chili thai sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce.
- In a bowl combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, salt and pepper. Add the meat and cover well with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add ½ cup of broth to the pan. Stir in broccoli, cover and heat, basting with 1 tablespoon of water if necessary, until broccoli is crisp and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, covered and heated, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the pan. Add the ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minutes.
- Mixture in a cup water, Thai sauce, soy sauce, ½ cup beef broth and ½ tablespoon cornstarch until everything is well combined, add to the pan.
- Lower the temperature to medium-low and let simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Returns meat and accumulated juices to the pan, stir well.
- Serve with rice.