Rich vegetarian lasagna made with a filling of spinach with Ricotta cheese and a little nutmeg for exceptional taste.
What do you need?
For 12 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, crushed
- 170 grams spinach, fresh
- 1kg Ricotta cheese, lowfat
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Lemon juice, to taste (optional)
- 12 layer lasagne
- 650 grams tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme, saute for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and saute just until they have wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the ricotta cheese, egg, salt, nutmeg and a touch of lemon juice. Add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 190° C. Spread a little of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a pan of 22 x 33 cm. Add a layer of lasagna, 1/3 of the spinach mixture, ¼ tomato sauce and ¼ of the cheese. Repeat and pour ½ cup of water on the two layers. Repeat once more, ending with lasagna, sauce and Mozzarella cheese. Pour ½ cup of water over the mold and cover well with greased foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes. When the liquid begins to bubble and the pasta has softened remove the foil and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.