This dish is perfect for those summer days when we do not crave abundant and heavy meals.
Stuffed lettuce rolls are a traditional dish in Chinese cuisine that can be perfectly used as lunch or dinner or as snacks. So you know, if you’ve been invited to a barbecue or party and you bring some snacks, stuffed lettuces of turkey will turn you into the queen of the party.
If you want a vegetarian version, you should simply replace Turkey for a little more than rice and vegetables. Light, nutritious, easy to prepare and low in calories (about 285). This recipe has it all.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ cup rice
- ½ cup water
- 250 grams of peeled of turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 small lettuce
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, basil, mint and/or parsley)
- 1 grated carrot
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or Chinese hoisin sauce
- Prepare rice, boiling water and add the rice until it is ready.
- In another saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add turkey breast and ginger and cook meat until brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except fresh herbs, including rice and let it cook all for one or two minutes.
- Put a little filling into each lettuce leaf.
- Add some grated carrot and fresh spices and roll well.
Serve this recipe for snacks or accompanied by a piece of fruit. Thoroughly combine strawberries, mango and peach. This way you will turn it into a very light dish.