The sweet pear flavor contrasts with the intense flavor of the gorgonzola cheese in a light pizza without equal.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 integral pita breads
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, in Moron
- ½ cup basil leaves, finely sliced.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pears and onion and heat, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until pears are golden brown and juicy. Turn off the heat and separates.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Handle the pitas on both sides until they are grill marks.
- Transfer to a plate and smeared with the remaining olive oil, sprinkle with salt.
- Covers with onion mixture and pear, nuts, cheese and basil.
- Serve hot.