The homemade pasta is much easier to prepare than most people think. Pasta by hand is a fairly easy process and if you have a blender at home, making pasta is even faster.
The final result in pasta with much more flavor than the purchased ready-made paste, which is also capable of absorbing more flavor of the sauce used in the recipe. Although it may seem a recipe that requires a lot of work, is the ideal occasion to invite the younger members of the house to assist in the process and have fun while cooking.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kilo of wheat semolina
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Water Pinch.
- Enter the flour in a blender (if using a blender) or put it on a plate if you do not use a blender.
- Mix the flour and eggs and beat on medium speed. If you do not use some sort of blender or volcanic with the flour and with the help of the hand or a spoon, make a hole in the middle where you introduce eggs, mixing them with the flour to make a compact paste.
- Add a pinch of salt to the mixture to give it a little more flavor.
- Mix it until the pasta is compact, firm and dry. If the mixture is a little watery is still not well mixed and is not advisable to leave it like that, because, when it comes to separate to make dough will be very sticky and will give us many headaches.
- If the mixture is too sticky, add a little more wheat semolina.
- Then put a little semolina on the surface where you go to turn the mixture into paste and pour a little semolina over the mixture.
- The mixture is ready to be turned into pasta when you put it on a surface and does not stick.
- Divide the mixture into small parts, separating the amount needed to make strips of pasta.
- It is advisable when makes pasta for the first time is to separate the mixture into balls, the size of tennis balls, and convert the balls into small strips that are easier to handle.
- Wrap each ball in silver paper of kitchen and leave it sit for one hour at room temperature.
- Then Flour the work surface and flatten one of the balls by hand. With the help of a roller flattens the dough until when it finest best. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- If you have a pasta machine, crushes the ball with your hand and place it in the machine.
- To make the pasta in spaghetti or noodles, just roll it gently once well kneaded like a burrito tortilla or a Swiss roll but without pressing too. Then with the help of a knife cut the pasta along with the desired width, finer for spaghetti and a little thicker for the noodles.
- If at the time of cut noticed that the dough is sticky, there is that leave to rest for a bit.
- Put a little flour to the strips and made to prevent sticking.
- For cooking, insert the pasta in plenty of boiling water with a little salt for three or four minutes.
Enjoy tasty and “luxurious” pasta with your favorite sauce!