The stuffed tomatoes are a perfect alternative to replace the typical salad or side dish. Attentive to the following recipe.
Stuffed Tomatoes are easy and quick to prepare and, apart from a very tasty dish. It is also suitable for vegetarians and can also become the perfect accompaniment to meats, salads and fish.
Ingredients for eight people:
- 8 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 150 grams of rice, preferably basmati
- 30 grams of tomato pulp
- 300 milliliters of vegetable broth
- 15 grams of fresh basil leaves cut into small pieces
- The grated zest of half a lemon
- 35 grams of grated cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees.
- Cut the top of the tomatoes, about two inches, and set aside.
- Empty inside the tomatoes and place in a bowl.
- Cut onions and garlic into very small pieces and fry with a little olive oil until golden.
- Add tomato pulp to the pan, slightly increasing firepower and letting the mixture cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add rice and vegetable broth and decorating while cooking the leaves gently to low temperature for about 10 minutes or until the rice is half done.
- Add cheese, lemon rind, basil.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mixture and place the top left previously secluded.
- Place the tomatoes in the oven and let them cook for about 25-30 minutes, until rice is tender and baked tomatoes.
Serves the tomatoes accompanied by salad (light and vegetarian option) or a good steak.